Sunday, September 15, 2013

David and I had a hot date last week. We went to Berkeley to see Fun. and Tegan & Sara in concert at the Greek Theater. It was a BLAST! I had never heard David sing that much, EVER! It was very shocking and very romantic. We haven't had that much fun. together in a long time. And we had never had fun. like that. What made this concert experience unique is that we both knew the songs and thus we both could sing along. We have not been to a concert like that together before, but the problem is we don't listen to the same musicians either. The only other musician whom we both know well is Dashboard Confessional, and who knows if he's touring anymore.

It'll be hard to replicate that night. I felt very in love with him...in a way that's different from my day-to-day love for him. I felt very much aware that he was my husband and I had found my partner for life.

I was reminded of a time when I was ~12-13 years old watching the fireworks at Disney Land and wishing I was being held by a significant other. David held me throughout the concert and I found myself very grateful that I will not have to experience that loneliness again. There is nothing more romantic than dancing with the one you love to a romantic song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name, or at least your initials.