Thursday, November 21, 2013

My interview at UC Davis felt very comfortable and familiar. I knew almost everyone I came into contact with. The one person I didn't know was Dr. Nuovo, who interviewed me, and is a former medical school dean ironically.

My first interview was with a resident I had worked with very briefly. But he said he remembered me, and that even though we only interacted for a short amount of time, he could tell I was a hard worker. That just set up for a relaxed interview. The whole day was really relaxed actually.

The only extra information I got from the interview day (that I didn't already know) was that there is an underserved community rotation. That's better than nothing, but there is a definite disconnect between UC Davis and the Sacramento community.

Ugh, I'm blogging about this late (8 days later), and I don't know what to say anymore. Basically, I am almost positive they will rank me highly. But I've realized about myself that program directors I consider inspirational are those with a passion to serve. And I want to be at a program that inspires me. I really do. And UC Davis does not exude this passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name, or at least your initials.